From button noses to itty bitty toes, everything about newborns is heart-melting! You will never regret getting photos of all the tiny details to remember this moment in time. During the first 6 weeks, newborns are especially easy to pose for photos because they mostly eat and sleep! To ensure your newborn session is as carefree as it can be for parents and baby, here are a few tips I recommend to prep.
- Make sure baby has a full tummy right before the shoot! It’s always completely fine to pause during your session to feed the baby when needed, but it’s a good idea to start right after a feeding to optimize baby’s rest time!
- Pick out a soft blanket or two, swaddles and some pillows to use for propping and positioning the baby for different poses.
- Have some special items that you want feature in the photos with the baby? Baby’s first teddy bear, monogrammed bloomers, or even some seasonal flowers or greenery are great additions to add extra personality to your photos.
- Find a room or area of the house that gets plenty of natural light to set up for the photos.
- Don’t forget to plan your own outfits too! Part of a newborn session is getting some of your first family photos with your new bundle of joy.